Process Control and Artificial Intelligence
Computer-Aided Operation Systems for Chemical Plants Using Artificial Intelligence Techniques
Safety Management Systems for Chemical Plants
Real Time Expert Systems for Fault Diagnosis of Chemical Processes
Ph.D., Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan, 1988
1. Hwang, K. S., Hou, B. K., Shin, D., and Yoon, E. S., "Development of a Temporal Logic for the Automated Operating Procedure Synthesis in Chemical Plants," The 8th APCChE Congress, pp. 2137-2140, 1999.
2. Hwang, K. S., Lee, K. W., and Kang, S. J., "Development of HAZOP Expert System for Hazard Analysis in Chemical Plant," The 8th APCChE Congress, pp. 367-370, 1999.
3. Hwang, K. S., Tomita, S., and O`shima, E., "Development of a Computer Based System for Synthesizing the Operating Procedure of a Chemical Plant," International Chemical Engineering, Vol. 31, pp. 134, 1991.
4. Hwang, K. S., Tomita, S., and O`shima, E., "Automatic Synthesizer of an Operating Procedure for Chemical Plant Involving Parallel Operations," Kagaku Kogaku Ronbunshu, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 343-353, 1990.
5. Tomita, S., Hwang, K. S., O`shima, E., and Mcgreavy, C., "Automatic Synthesizer of Operating Procedure for Chemical Plant by Use of Fragmentary Knowledge," Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 364-372, 1989.
Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1991-Present)
Researcher, Seoul National University, Korea (1988-1989)
Researcher, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan (1982-1983)
Professional Societies & Activities
Senior Member, KIChE
Researcher, Korea Industrial Safety Corporation (1989-1991)
Consultant, Korea Industrial Safety Corporation (1991-Present)
Director-In-Editor, Korea Institute of Gas (1997-Present)
Accident Investigator, Korea Gas Corporation (1997-Present)
Honors and Awards
International Joint Research & Activities