Reflective/Transmissive LCD Display Mode
Design of Reflector for Transflective LCD
Crosstalk and Defect Problems in LCD
Ph.D., University of Alabama, U.S.A, 1981
1. Yoon, T. H., Lee, G. D., and Kim, J. C., "Nontwist Quarter-Wave Liquid-Crystal Cell for a High Contrast Reflective Display," Optics Letters, Vol. 25, No. 20, pp. 1547-1549, 2000.
2. Lee, G. D., Kim, G. H., Yoon, T. H., and Kim, J. C., "Configuration Optimization of a Reflective Bistable-Twisted-Nematic Cell for High-Contrast Operation," Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 39, Part 1, No. 5A, pp. 2716-2720, 2000.
3. Lee, G. D., Kim, G. H., Moon, S. H., Noh, J. D., Kim, S. C., Park, W. S., Yoon, T. H., Kim, J. C., Hong, S. H., and Lee, S. H., "Reflective Liquid Crystal Display Using a Non-Twist Half-Wave Cell," Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 39, Part 2, No. 3A/B, pp. L221-L224, 2000.
4. Lee, G. D., Park, K. H., Chang, K. C., Yoon, T.-H., Kim, J. C., and Lee, E. S., "Optimization of Panel Parameters and Drive Signals for High-Speed Matrix Addressing of a Bistable Twisted Nematic Liquid Crystal Display," Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 38, 1999.
5. Kang, K. H., Moon, J. M., Yoon, T.-H., Kim, J. C., Lee, G. D., and Lee, E. S., "Analysis and Design of a Multi-Color STN-LCD on the Poincare Sphere," Journal of the Society for Information Display, Vol. 6, No. 4, 1998.
Advisory Professor, Division of Flat Panel Display, Samsung SDI, Korea (1995-Present)
Professor, Department of Electronics Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1975-Present)
Design Engineer, Division of TV, LG Electronics, Korea (1969-1972)
Professional Societies & Activities
Senior Member, Optical Society of Korea
Vice President, Optical Society of Korea (1999-2000)
Honors and Awards
Haedong Paper Prize, IEEK, Korea (1997)
Noolwon Scholastic Prize, Noolwon Foundation, Korea (2000)
International Joint Research & Activities