Computational Aeroacoustics, Duct Acoustics, Fan Broadband Noise, Noise Prediction and Reduction of Rotor, Fan, Propeller, and Turbo-Machinery
2003, Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University, Korea.
1999, M.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University, Korea.
1997, B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University, Korea.
1. S.-S. Jung, Y. T. Kim, C. Cheong, H. C. Kim, and W. S. Lee, “Noise barrier with top cylindrical tubes,” Journal of the Korean Physical Society, Vol. 49, No. 1, pp. 145-149, 2006.
2. C. Cheong, P.F. Joseph and S. Lee, “High-frequency formulation for the acoustic power spectrum due to cascade-turbulence interaction,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Vol.119(1), pp. 108-122, 2006.
3. J. Ryu, C. Cheong, S. Kim and S. Lee, “Computation of Internal Aerodynamic Noise from a Quick-Opening Throttle Valve Using Frequency-Domain Acoustic Analogy,” Applied Acousitcs, ,Vol.66(11),pp. 1278-1308, 2005.
4. B. Bin, C. Cheong, and S. Lee, " Optimized Boundary Treatment of Curved Walls for High-Order Computational Aeroacoustics Schemes," AIAA J, Vol. 42 (2), pp. 414-417, 2004.
5. C.W. Lim, C. Cheong, S. Shin, and S. Lee, " Time-Domain Computation of Noise Reduction by Diffraction and Finite Impedance of Barriers," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vo. 268, No.2, pp. 385-401, 2003.
6. C. Cheong and S. Lee, " Grid-Optimized Dispersion-Relation-Preserving Schemes on General Geometries for Computational Aeroacoustics," Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 174, pp. 248-276, 2001.
7. C. Cheong and S. Lee, " The Effects of Discontinuous Boundary Conditions on the Directivity of Sound from a Piston," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 239, No. 3, pp. 423-443, 2001.
2006.03.~ Present, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Design Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National Univ.
2005.05.~2006.02, Senior Researcher, Acoustics and Vibration Group, Division of Physical Metrology, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science
2004.09~2005.04, Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Institute of Sound and Vibration Research, United Kingdom
2003.03~2004.08, BK21 Post-Doctor, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National Univ.
Professional Societies & Activities
The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineering (Member), The Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering (Member), The Acoustical Society of Korea (Member), The Acoustical Society of America (Member)
Honors and Awards
Award for the best poster presentation in Internoise 2003
International Joint Research & Activities
UTC in ISVR (Fan Broadband Noise)