for productive, life-long careers by which our students are prepared for leading the information society of the future. Today, the school has 25 professors, 100 graduate students, and 690 undergraduate students, and is working to provide in-depth theoretical, experimental, and practical education. The school is try to become excellent school that will be famous at home and abroad, and participating the large national project is expected to drive its remarkable development.
The school provides students with great environment for eduction and research through large-scale education/research projects including BK21, ITRC, Grand ICT, etc. A few of them are listed below:
● The school participated in the 1st BK21(Brain Korea 21) project sponsored by the Ministry of Education from 1999 to 2006, and participated in the second BK21 project (2006-2013), and is currently participating in the BK21 Plus project (2006-2013).
● Big Data Processing Platform Research Center(2012-2015) and IoT Research Center(2014-2018) were established and have been supported by the Ministry of Knowledge Economy’s University IT Research Center Programs.
● Software Education Center(2016- now) has been supported by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning’s SW-centered University Support Programs.
● Dong-Nam Grand ICT R&D Center was selected for the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning’s Grand ICT Research Center in the Southeast Region, and has been supported from 2016 to 2023.
● Graduate School of AI was selected for the Ministry of Science and ICT’s Artificial Intelligence Convergence Research Center Project, and has been supported from 2020 to 2022.
● Graduate School of Convergence Security was selected for the Ministry of Science and ICT’s Convergence Security Core Talent Training Project, and has been supported from 2020 to 2025.
The school has significantly strengthened its undergraduate programs to support the demand for top-level human resources in the information and communications industry. In general, about 20% of undergraduate students go to graduate school and the other 80% find employment. Most of them find jobs in major IT companies and public institutions. The school has made consistent efforts to train students with fundamental knowledge and problem-solving capabilities.